1. Having two cats will allow you to enjoy the social nature of your four legged friend. Although cats are solitary hunters, they are social creatures. In the wild, they live in groups called colonies.
2. Cats who have company tend to have less behavioral issues, while cats who grow up by themselves exhibit more aggressive and destructive tendencies. This is often referred to as the "only child syndrome".
3. Your cat will be smarter. Cats need mental stimulation just like humans. Studies show that cats that grow up with company have larger brains than those who grow up alone.
4. Having a companion helps your cat with separation anxiety. So you don't have to feel guilty when you're at work or having a night out with friends.
5. More love to go around. Most people consider getting a second cat because of the joy their first cat brought. Why not double the love and joy?