The most important thing you can do to prevent boredom in your cat is to make sure their environment is stimulating. This means an environment with things to do – windows to look out of, things to watch, places to climb and safe toys to play with. Climbing posts, scratching posts, cat grass, windows perches, window beds, and a view of birds or squirrels to watch are all great ways to enrich your cats life and prevent boredom.
In nature cats would use their energy to hunt. That hunting requires short bursts of energy then they'd spend the rest of the time sleeping and grooming so they'll be ready for the next hunt (grooming is important so prey won't smell them coming). Without the need to hunt prey they need other outlets for that pent up energy. It’s good for cats to get some sort of workout and changing it up to keep them interested is important. There are many ways to keep your cat lively, giving them access to energetic companions, making a play session part of their day, and/or offering them tempting exercise equipment for use when you’re not at home…that’s why we came up with “One Fast Cat™” cat wheel.
Our cat wheel design is more advanced than any before it:
- Smart industrial design allows it to ship or retail in a very small box (box size)
- This design also allows for it to be assembled extremely quickly for home use
- Sturdy and lightweight for ease of moving it around
- It is made of Recycled plastics
- Run surface is made from a closed cell EVA foam to prevent claws from catching and allowing cats to run naturally using their claws for safe footing
- Can be cleaned by taking it outside and spraying it with a hose or wiped down with a wet towel
- Open design so cats can enter from either side
- 48" diameter wheel
- 34" x 12" base
Weight: 22 lbs
Height: 51 inches
Width: 48 inches
Depth: 12 inches
- Cat likes it Review by Dan
I am a bit disappointed in the quality of the plastic used here because several pieces cracked when assembling the wheel. It was nothing that affected the safety or stability of the wheel, so I was able to use some glue to fix them. The parts simply fit together and the fit is tight, which it should be for this type of joint, but this puts a good amount of stress on the plastic when joining two pieces. The included rubber mallet seemed to exacerbate this problem.
That said, I feel the price is fair and I wouldn't hesitate to reorder if something were to happen to it. (Posted on 9/18/2017)
- Best Purchase I've Made for my Cats Review by Julia
- Excellent, well built product my cats enjoy Review by KittyPal
- exceeded our expectations! Review by Matthew
We put our cat on the wheel the first day, on the second day he was getting on it by himself, and by the fourth day he had figured it out and was getting some great runs going. He gets on it multiple times a day (and at night), and really enjoys it. He uses it more often than we expected. (Posted on 4/16/2015)